Basic Technique Latin Lessons
It covers all the fundamental techniques that are important for dancing the latin dances - Cha Cha, Rumba, and Samba.
- Proper body posture and alignment
- The technique of dancing the different chasses in Cha Cha
- A detailed description of the Rumba walk
- Leg action in Rumba and Cha Cha vs Samba
- Body rhythm and Cuban motion
- Rib cage and hip isolation movements
- Understanding the importance of musical count and beat values
- The difference in rhythm of the Samba basic, volta, walk, and bota fogo
Watch Andy and Wendy Teach Basic Latin Ballroom Technique!
Basic Technique Standard Lessons
It covers all the fundamental techniques that are important for dancing the standard dances - Waltz, Tango, Slow Foxtrot, and Quickstep.
Here is a summary of what is covered on the video:
- Proper body posture, body alignment, and body tone
- Detailed description and demonstration of the dance frame and dance hold
- The difference between closed dance position and promenade position
- The importance of using all body joints and proper footwork
- Comparing ‘Rise and Fall’ in Waltz and the other dances
- The ‘magic’ of two people moving fluidly as one
- ‘Lead and follow’ vs ‘Initiation and response’
- The principle of three body centres within each couple
- Demystifying the technique of Contra Body Movement and Contra Body Movement Position
- What is body swing and how do you get it?